Brownifer Bites: Shrimp Remoulade

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Shrimp Remoulade


When I visited New Orleans in my early 20's - this was by far my favorite dish to eat everywhere we went.  I spent every morning at Pat O'Brien's with a Hurricane and a Shrimp Remoulade salad.  When I came home - I missed these babies so much!

I have found several recipes online with different variations of remoulade sauce - all of which are delicious.  But I do have my favorite and it's easier than you might think!  Just PLEASE be sure to let your sauce sit in the refrigerator for a while and let those flavors mingle - it's SO important for your final product!

And never toss the shrimp into the big bowl of your sauce - you'll contaminate everything.  Keep the sauce stored separately and toss in a small bowl ONLY what you'll be eating.  Trust me.  The sauce can make the shrimp limp if it's in there too long, too.

Go recipe hunting and make your own 'Nawlins shrimp salad! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment