Brownifer Bites: The Juicy Jennifer

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Juicy Jennifer



Before you gasp at the title of this blog, let's remember the original invention of the cheese-stuffed burger patty: The Juicy Lucy.  Food has such a rich history in this country, it's always fun to learn something new!

We just received our order of grass-fed beef last week and I know Brownie has been itching to thaw some of it and get to the grill.  Now, we have an amazing food truck near us called Cheesy Stuffed Burgers that we haven't had a chance to try yet.  Rest assured, we will!  But tonight we decided to dig into that delicious beef and try our own version.

Brownie topped his with pickles, roasted red pepper and mustard and toasted his buns.  The hamburger buns.  I am not a fan of toasted buns, so I kept my Juicy Jennifer's buns soft and used pickles, mustard, horseradish and ketchup.  They were delicious!

I reminded Brownie we couldn't call it a Juicy Lucy because well .... this is something different.  So he told me, "It's my Juicy Jennifer!"  We giggled and laughed and munched on our burgers .... but it's a great name for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment