Brownifer Bites: Chicken Salad Stuffed Pitas w/Greek Salad

Friday, August 19, 2016

Chicken Salad Stuffed Pitas w/Greek Salad

I love summer!  There is just so much amazing produce available everywhere!!!

I was craving something flavorful, so while Brownie played a baseball game in 100 degree heat - I hid at home and played in the kitchen.

Unsupervised.

And it didn't end in disaster!  WIN!

I wish more of this was from our garden, but the only thing I can claim was ours is the tomato.

I think Brownie gets nervous when he comes home and finds me in his kitchen, but last night he was pleasantly surprised!  These will be a new favorite around here.  He also found out I know how to put together an amazing Tzatziki sauce so ... now I'm in trouble.

Ingredients:

  • 1 Package pre-cut pitas
  • Chicken Salad (my recipe is here if you need one)
  • Thinly sliced radishes and cucumber (I used the mandolin)
  • Mesclun Greens (or your favorite lettuce)
  • Tzatziki Sauce (recipe in link above)
  • Greek Salad or pasta salad
Directions:
  • Open pita pocket and put a layer of greens on the bottom, topped with a layer of radishes and cucumber (as shown)
  • Drop a spoonful of tzatziki on top of your layers and spread it around to cover the bread (as shown)
  • Spoon in your chicken salad and fill the rest of the space.
  • Serve with deli salad of your choice - I mixed up a quick Greek salad that I'll explain below quickly.










For the Greek salad, I chopped up some cucumber, tomato, red onion, pitted kalanata olives and tossed them in a bowl with some feta crumbles, lemon juice, salt and pepper until it tasted how I prefer.  Nothing fancy, just delicous!

Make some pitas and share with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment