Brownifer Bites: Rosemary Chicken Salad

Friday, August 19, 2016

Rosemary Chicken Salad

Here's the deal.  Sometimes, I buy a whole, cooked, organic chicken to play with.  These have turned into enchiladas, chicken noodle soup and ... chicken salad for sandwiches!  Time is not a luxury we have, so cooking a whole chicken isn't an option.  Don't beat yourself up if you do this too.

I won't say it's 100% kid-approved.  In our house, it's 60% approved.  Thing #3 and Thing #5 don't like the 'crunchy stuff' in this.  So they miss out.  We're still crossing our fingers that those two will become more adventurous as time goes on.

But for the rest of us, it's so delicious!  Here ya go:

Ingredients:

  • 2 Cups cooked, shredded chicken
  • 1 Stalk Celery, finely chopped
  • 1/4 Cup onion, finely chopped
  • 1 Tablespoon ground rosemary (I have dried rosemary sprigs, so I use my mortar and pestle to grind them into powder - powder is important in this recipe!)
  • 3/4 Cup mayonnaise 
  • 1 Tablespoon yellow mustard 
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • salt & pepper to taste
Directions:
  • Mix it all together until it tastes divine! :-)
I would eat this with a spoon!  It's so good.  I won't say I used exactly 3/4 cup mayo - I actually found out we HAD no mayo in the fridge so I had to make my own - an adventure I'm not going to share :-)  But it worked out just fine!  Just mix it in until the consistency is to your liking.  If the kids weren't going to eat it, I would probably use a horseradish mustard ... but this is my simple go-to version.

Go buy a chicken!

No comments:

Post a Comment